It’s not surprising at all that scratch cards are as popular as they are. Many gamblers are impulsive and impatient, so a scratch card gives you instant gratification and a quick turnaround. Scratch cards are a fast and cheap way to gamble, but winning scratch cards can actually offer prizes of up to seven figures, showing that they hold serious profit potential. It’s estimated that over half of all adult Americans have played at least one scratch card, which tells you all you need to know about the gambling formats emerging popularity.
Scratch cards are perhaps the easiest gambling form to pick up, but it doesn’t mean there’s no strategy involved with them. In this official CasinoNoDepositBonus.win guide we will provide you with a number of important tips and pointers, along with some impressive online deals, so you can get the most out of any online scratch cards in your possession.
Before getting into more detail, it only makes sense to explain scratch cards. They are similar to the lottery tickets casinos and gas stations sell. You scratch off the dots on the card to see the hidden symbols and you win if they match. Scratch cards are kind of like single reel slot machines. Given how popular these games are, you might be surprised to learn they’ve only been around since 1974, which was when they were invented by the Scientific Games Corporation. Since then these age-old tickets have made the jump to the web-domain via online cards, largely to critical applause.
How to play
Scratch cards are all over the place in 2017. It’s even easier to find scratch cards thanks to the introduction of online play. The laws around cards are also a little more lax than other gambling laws, which is another reason that they have become so ubiquitous. That being said, both real life and online scratch cards follow the same basic rules.
Scratch Cards – Physical Play
Physical scratch cards from stores are easy enough to use. All you need is to scratch the grey latex coating off of the card to uncover the symbols underneath and see if you have matching symbols. Different scratch cards come with their own rules about the symbols or numbers needed to win. There could also be additional terms and conditions placed on the scratch cards that govern how and when a prize can be won. So, you should always read the fine print before purchasing a scratch card, as only then will you be able to understand how it functions.
Scratch Cards – Online Play
Even though online scratch cards have only been around since 2010, they are already one of the most popular forms of gambling around. There are even online casinos that are built around providing an endless stream of online cards. Purchase scratch cards using a credit card and “scratch” them like you would physical scratch cards. There are many different themes to online cards, but they all follow the same basic rule set. The prize is about the only thing that really differs between online scratch cards if we’re being honest. Some of them offer cash prizes while others offer more scratch cards, vouchers, coupons, and more as a winning reward.
Weighing up the odds
The odds of winning depend on how much you spend on it. A basic £1 scratch card will typically have a high chance of winning, but they will rarely award more than four-figures. A £10 scratch card comes with smaller odds of success, but much higher prizes if you’re willing to put the money towards them. Both of these cards come with jackpots, although you aren’t likely to get major million pound jackpot from a £1 scratch card.
Pay to play the right way
Scratch cards are about the most basic and luck-based form of gambling that there is. Even so, this doesn’t mean that there is no strategy involved in playing scratch card games. You can improve your chances of winning by employing a strategy and choosing the right scratch cards and free scratch cards.
The first thing to consider is probability. Think about strip scratch cards and low cost scratch cards. The more of these cards that you pick up the better the chances that you will win something. Another thing you should do is hold on to losing tickets. While you might not be able to do this with every provider, there are providers that offer second-chance lotteries. You are given a second chance to win with your losing numbers and you could find yourself striking gold the second time around. The third thing to keep in mind is sticking to a budget. Don’t forget that scratch cards are a form of gambling and you should never gamble more money than you can afford to lose. Honestly though, as long as you’re smart about your bets, you’ll have a fairly good shot at landing a big win.
Commandants to scratch by
Finally, we have some tips for you to follow before buying your cards of choice.
- Be choosy with your cards – A scratch card that costs less isn’t necessarily a better investment, as a cheap online scratch card has a smaller chance to win and a smaller potential prize.
- Do your research – If you’re looking for a certain jackpot from a certain brand of scratch cards, you should make sure that no one has claimed the jackpot already. This isn’t something you’ll see advertised, so it could take a little sleuthing on your part to uncover the truth.
- Never buy an online scratch card while you’re under the influence – When you’re intoxicated it’s almost impossible to make a sound, rational decision, and you could make a major mistake that you’ll regret when you sober up and see what you’ve done.
- Bank winnings and avoid chasing losses – You shouldn’t keep gambling hoping that you’ll win enough to make back the money you lost. This is known as the “sunk cost fallacy” and it’s ruined many gamblers in the past. When it comes to winnings you need to avoid looking at them as if they were even more scratch cards. That’s the fastest way to lose your money.
Lapping up the lingo
Of course, you should understand the lingo before picking up any of your own cards.
- Autoplay – Autoplay can only be found within online scratch cards. Autoplay is when the computer automatically scratches your cards by itself.
- Line Price – This is how much money you’ve spent on the scratch card.
- Paytable – This is the list of all the winning combinations for the scratch card, along with how much each one pays out.
- Scratch Ticket – A scratch ticket, sometimes known as a scratch card, is a card that comes with small latex-covered holes. Players scratch off the latex to see what, if anything, they have won. Whether you win a prize – and how much the prize is worth – depends on the combination of symbols.
- Total Wins – This is how much money the gambler has won overall.
- Total Bets – This relates to how many bets the gambler has made so far on that specific card.
- Wager – This is the base price of a card.
Scratch and win with CasinoNoDepositBonus.win!
Scratch cards (especially free scratch cards) are an incredibly popular form of gambling because there is a low entry cost, it’s easy to learn how to play them, and they offer instant wins. Scratch cards may be completely unpredictable; there are some steps you can take to increase your chances of coming away with more money than you went in with. As long as you stay informed and have a strategy in mind, remember what the CasinoNoDepositBonus.win team has said above, and you’ll improve your chances of scratching off a winning combination!